- a person who elects; specif., a qualified voter
- a member of the electoral college
Origin of electortransl. of Ger Kurfürst, lit., choosing prince[usuallyE-] any of the German princes of the Holy Roman Empire who took part in the election of the emperor
Origin of electorMiddle English electour from Classical Latin elector
- A qualified voter in an election.
- A member of the Electoral College of the United States.
- One of the German princes of the Holy Roman Empire entitled to elect the emperor.
(plural Electors), also spelled: elector
elector - Legal Definition
A member of the electoral college; the maker of an election; a voter eligible to vote in an election.