- a person who elects; specif., a qualified voter
- a member of the electoral college
Origin of electortransl. of Ger Kurfürst, lit., choosing prince any of the German princes of the Holy Roman Empire who took part in the election of the emperor
Origin of electorMiddle English electour ; from Classical Latin elector
- A qualified voter in an election.
- A member of the Electoral College of the United States.
- One of the German princes of the Holy Roman Empire entitled to elect the emperor.
(plural Electors), also spelled: elector
elector - Legal Definition
A member of the electoral college; the maker of an election; a voter eligible to vote in an election.