- An example of easily used as an adverb is in the sentence, "We easily put the puzzle together," which means that we put the puzzle together without any trouble.
- An example of easily used as an adverb is in the sentence, "She is easily the most beautiful girl in the pageant," which means that she is, by far, the most beautiful girl in the pageant.
Easily is defined as with little or no trouble, or very likely, or by far.
- in an easy manner; with little or no difficulty, discomfort, awkwardness, etc.
- without a doubt; by far: easily the best of the lot
- very likely: it may easily snow again before spring
Origin of easilyMiddle English esili
- In an easy manner; with ease: The class easily solved the math problem.
- Without question; certainly: easily the best film this year.
- In all likelihood; well: a mistake that could easily have ended in disaster.
- Very quickly or readily: I am easily embarrassed.
(comparative more easily, superlative most easily)
easy + -ly