- the state of being dual; duality
- Philos. the theory that the world is ultimately composed of, or explicable in terms of, two basic entities, as mind and matter
- the doctrine that there are two mutually antagonistic principles in the universe, good and evil
- the doctrine that man has two natures, physical and spiritual
See dualism in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The condition of being double; duality.
- Philosophy The view that the world consists of or is explicable as two fundamental entities, such as mind and matter.
- Psychology The view that the mind and body function separately, without interchange.
a. The concept that the world is ruled by the antagonistic forces of good and evil.
b. The concept that humans have two basic natures, the physical and the spiritual.
- duˌal·isˈti·cal·ly adverb
Learn more about dualism