- The definition of a douche is a stream of water used as a bath or treatment, or a special device used to flush out the body with liquid.
- An example of a douche is a shower of water.
- An example of a douche is a syringe with nozzles used to flush and clean the vagina.
- To douche is defined as to spray or shower with water, especially when cleaning out the vagina.
When you clean out the vagina with water, this is an example of a douche.
- a jet of liquid applied externally or internally to some part of the body, esp. as a bath or treatment
- a bath or treatment of this kind; esp., a stream of water, often containing a special preparation, introduced into the vagina to cleanse it
- a device for douching
- ⌂ Slang douchebag: mildly vulgar
Origin of doucheFrench ; from Italian doccia, shower bath, origin, originally , conduit, back-formation ; from doccione, water pipe ; from Classical Latin ductio, a leading away ; from ductus: see duct
- a. A stream of water, often containing medicinal or cleansing agents, that is applied to a body part or cavity for hygienic or therapeutic purposes.b. A stream of air applied in a similar way.
- The application of a douche.
- An instrument for applying a douche.
- Vulgar Slang A foolish or contemptible person.
verbdouched, douch·ing, douch·es
Origin of doucheFrench, shower, from Italian doccia, conduit, back-formation from doccione, pipe, from Latin ducti&omacron;, ducti&omacron;n-, act of leading, from ductus, past participle of d&umacron;cere, to lead; see deuk- in Indo-European roots.
- A jet or current of water or vapour directed upon some part of the body to benefit it medicinally; in particular, such a jet directed at the vagina for vaginal irrigation.
- Something that produces the jet or current in the previous sense, such as a syringe.
- (slang, derogatory) A contemptible person; a worthless, brainless or disgusting person. (Compare douche bag.)
(third-person singular simple present douches, present participle douching, simple past and past participle douched)
- To use a douche.