- a dosing or being dosed
- the system to be followed in taking doses, as of medicine: the prescribed dosage is teaspoon every hour
- the amount used in a dose
- a. Administration of a therapeutic agent in prescribed amounts.b. Determination of the amount to be so administered.c. The amount so administered.
- Addition of an ingredient to a substance in a specific amount, especially to wine.
From French dosage
- Biphasic has a 21-day pill pack featuring two different amounts of hormone combinations throughout the three-week cycle, and triphasic has a 21-day pill pack with three different hormone dosage amounts throughout the three-week cycle.
- According to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University, the recommended daily allowance for vitamin C is 75 mg per day for adult females and 90 mg for adult males; however, smokers need a slightly higher daily dosage.
- Because the body cannot store Vitamin K for long periods of time or in large doses, the best way to ensure a proper dosage of the nutrient is through a balanced, healthy diet that includes foods high in Vitamin K at each meal.
- A monthly dosage is normally given on a year round basis, although there is a lively disagreement among dog owners at some on-line sites who believe it should only be given during the high mosquito months of the year.
- According to The Essential Herb-Drug-Vitamin Interaction Guide: The Safe Way to Use Medications and Supplements Together (Random House of Canada 2007) there is no identified standard dosage for apple cider vinegar.