dollar diplomacydollar diplomacy
- the policy of using the economic power or influence of a government to promote and protect in other countries the business interests of its private citizens, corporations, etc.
- the use of economic power by a country to further foreign policy goals
- A policy aimed at furthering the interests of the United States abroad by encouraging the investment of US capital in foreign countries.
- A policy intended to safeguard a nation's foreign investments.
- Alternative form of dollar diplomacy.