- removing or separating from some association
- It was a lonely, dissociative time in my life, when I stayed holed up in my apartment for weeks on end.
- causing dissociation
- The dissociative techniques separated ammonium chloride into hydrochloric acid and ammonia.
- (psychology) related to or caused by dissociation or dissociative disorders
- He had to take a few weeks off school after a dissociative episode.
- a dissociative drug
Variant of dissociation
- a dissociating or being dissociated; separation
- Chem. the breaking up of a compound into simpler components, as with heat or a solvent, frequently in a reversible manner so that the components may recombine
- a split in the conscious process in which a group of mental activities breaks away from the main stream of consciousness and functions as a separate unit, as if belonging to another person
- the abnormal separation of related ideas, thoughts, or emotions
Origin of dissociationClassical Latin dissociatio