- of optical lenses or the method of numbering them according to their refractive powers; dioptral
- of dioptrics; refractive
- helping the sight by refractive correction
Origin of dioptricClassical Greek dioptrikos, relating to the diopter
- Of or relating to dioptrics.
- Relating to optical refraction; refractive.
Origin of dioptricGreek dioptrikos, from dioptra, an optical instrument; see diopter.
(comparative more dioptric, superlative most dioptric)
- Acting as a medium for sight; making use of refraction (of lenses, etc.).
From Greek διοπτρικός. Compare diopter.