- The definition of a dink is of a hit made by hitting the ball poorly in baseball.
An example of dink used as an adjective is in the phrase "dink single," which means the player hit the ball poorly, but still was able to get to first base.
- Dink is defined as a sports shot where the ball drops just over the net, or a slang term for a jerk, or an offensive term for a person born in Southeast Asia, or an abbreviation (DINK) that is defined as double income, no kids.
- An example of a dink is a shot in volleyball where the ball drops very lightly over the net.
- An example of a dink is a person who always acts like a fool.
- An example of a dink is a married woman who makes an income and is married to a man who makes an income, and the couple has no children.
dink definition by Webster's New World
Origin: d(ouble) i(ncome) n(o) k(ids)
dink definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Origin: From dink, sound of a weakly hit or dropped ball.
noun Offensive Slang
Origin: Origin unknown.
- A two-career couple with no children.
- A member of such a couple.
Origin: D(ual) I(ncome) N(o) K(ids).
dink - Business Definition
Variant of dink