- a set of teeth
- [often pl.] a fitting for the mouth, with artificial teeth, often a full set
Origin of dentureFrench from dent, tooth from Classical Latin dens, tooth
- A partial or complete set of artificial teeth for either the upper or lower jaw. Also called dental plate .
- often dentures A complete set of removable artificial teeth for both jaws.
Origin of dentureFrench from Old French from dent tooth ; see dentist .
- a set of teeth, the teeth viewed as a unit
- an artificial replacement of one or more teeth
- (often in the plural) a complete replacement of all teeth in a mouth