- a deforming or being deformed
- the result of deforming; disfigurement
- a change in form for the worse
- the changing of form or shape, as by stress
- the changed form that results
Origin of deformationMiddle English deformacioun from Classical Latin deformatio
- a. The act or process of deforming.b. The condition of being deformed.
- An alteration of form for the worse.
- Physics a. An alteration of shape, as by pressure or stress.b. The shape that results from such an alteration.
OriginSee also: déformation
From Old French deformation, see deform