(dē flā′s̸hən, di-)
- a deflating or being deflated
- a reduction in the general level of prices as a result of a severe decline in economic activity
- Geol. erosion by the wind
See deflation in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The act of deflating or the condition of being deflated.
- A persistent decrease in the level of consumer prices or a persistent increase in the purchasing power of money because of a reduction in available currency and credit.
- The erosion of soil by the wind.
- de·flaˈtion·arˌy (-shə-nĕrˌē) adjective
Learn more about deflation