A pair of Dalmatian dogs resting.
Dalmatian definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
of Dalmatia or its people
- a person born or living in Dalmatia, esp. a Slavic-speaking one
- a Romance language formerly spoken in Dalmatia
- any of a breed of large, short-haired dog with black or liver-colored spots on a white coat
Dalmatian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A native or inhabitant of Dalmatia.
- also dalmatian A dog of a breed believed to have originated in Dalmatia, having a short, smooth white coat covered with black or dark brown spots. Also called carriage dog, coach dog.
Of or relating to Dalmatia or its inhabitants or culture.