A pair of Dalmatian dogs resting.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person born or living in Dalmatia, esp. a Slavic-speaking one
- a Romance language formerly spoken in Dalmatia
- any of a breed of large, short-haired dog with black or liver-colored spots on a white coat
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A native or inhabitant of Dalmatia.
- also dalmatian A dog of a breed believed to have originated in Dalmatia, having a short, smooth white coat covered with black or dark brown spots. Also called carriage dog, coach dog.