cyclo definition by Webster's New World
noun pl. cyclos
a three-wheeled passenger vehicle, as of SE Asia, which may be pedaled like a bicycle or be motorized
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of a circle or wheel, circular: cyclotron
- cyclic (sense ): cycloparaffin
Origin: ; from Classical Greek kyklos, a circle: see wheel
cyclo definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Circle; cycle: cyclorama.
- A cyclic compound: cyclohexane.
Origin: Greek kuklo-, from kuklos, circle; see kwel-1 in Indo-European roots.
cyclo - Medical Definition
- Circle; cycle: cyclophoria.
- A cyclic compound: cyclopeptide.