- of or relating to computers or computing: cyber security
- of, utilizing, or taking place on the Internet: cyber shopping, a cyber tour of London
Origin of cybersee cyber-
Origin of cyber-from cybernetic or cybernetics
- Computer: cyberpunk.
- Computer network: cyberspace.
Origin of cyber-From cyber(netic)
(third-person singular simple present cybers, present participle cybering, simple past and past participle cybered)
- (slang) To engage in cybersex.
- Wanna cyber?
Originally from cybernetics before becoming a stand alone word.
cyber - Computer Definition
(1) From "cybernetics," cyber is a prefix attached to everyday words to include their involvement with computers or electronics, but mostly with the Internet. See cybernetics, cyberactivism, cyberaffair, cyberage, cyberagent, cyberattack, cyberbully, cybercrook, cyber espionage, cybermarketing, Cyber Monday, cyber security, cybersex, cybersniping, cyberspace and cybersquatting.
(2) (CYBER) An early family of computers from Control Data that ranged from workstations to supercomputers. See Control Data.