- a bitter cress (Cardamine pratensis) bearing white or rose flowers; lady's-smock
- ragged robin
Also written cuckoo-flower
- A perennial herb (Cardamine pratensis) in the mustard family, native to the northern temperate regions and having pinnate leaves and pink, purple, or sometimes white flowers. Also called lady's smock .
- The ragged robin plant.
Origin of cuckooflowerFrom the association of its time of blooming with the cuckoo's spring call
- Either of two flowering plants
- lady's smock Cardamine pratensis
- ragged robin Lychins floscuculi