- Canadian Space Agency
- Confederate States of America
- (UK) Child Support Agency
- (Northern Ireland) Central Services Agency
- (US) combined statistical area
- community-supported agriculture
- community service announcement
csa - Computer Definition
The geographical area served by a Central Office (CO), a CSA is generally limited to a radius of approximately 18,000 feet, which is the maximum reach of a typical copper Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) local loop. An amplifier or regenerative repeater is required to extend a UTP loop beyond that distance. See also CO and local loop.
(1) (Canadian Standards Association, Toronto, Ontario, www.csa.ca) A standards-defining organization founded in 1919. It is involved in many industries, including electronics, communications and information technology.
(2) (Client Server Architecture) See client/server.
(3) (CallPath Services Architecture) An IBM standard that integrates applications with the telephone system, designed for use with AT&T, Northern Telecom and other PBX vendors.
(4) See carrier serving area.