crosscutting definition by American Heritage Dictionary
A technique used especially in filmmaking in which shots of two or more separate, usually concurrent scenes are interwoven. Also called intercutting.
Variant of crosscut
- made or used for cutting across
- cut across
- a cut across
- something that cuts across
- the alternation of (shots in a scene, scenes in a sequence, etc.) as to suggest opposition, parallel action, etc.also crosscutting
- such shots, scenes, etc.
- the alternation of (shots in a scene, scenes in a sequence, etc.) as to suggest opposition, parallel action, etc.
- a passageway, air shaft, etc. cut to connect two shafts or tunnels that are roughly parallel
- a connection from a shaft or tunnel through or to a vein of ore