- joining together; coupling
- connecting coordinate words, phrases, or clauses: a copulative conjunction
- involving connected words or clauses
- having the nature of a copula: a copulative verb
- of or for copulating
Origin of copulativeMiddle English copulatif from Late Latin copulativus from Classical Latin copulatus: see copulate
Gram. a copulative word
- Grammar a. Serving to connect coordinate words or clauses: a copulative conjunction.b. Serving as a copula: a copulative verb.
- Of or relating to copulation.
A copulative word or group of words.
- (grammar) A copulative conjunction.