- Informal a combination
- a small jazz ensemble composed usually of from three to six instrumentalists
- A small jazz band.
- Informal The product or result of combining; a combination.
Origin of comboShort for combination
- A small musical group.
- The jazz combo played nightly at the little restaurant.
- (slang) A combination.
- I need to open the safe but I forgot the combo.
- I order the low priced combo platter: a taco, a burrito and a chimichanga.
- (video games) An action composed of a sequence of simpler actions, especially a composite attacking move in a fighting game.