- The definition of coed is coeducational and is something that is available to both men and women.
A gym that both men and women can join is an example of a coed gym.
- A coed is defined as a female student.
A female college student is an example of a coed.
A coed studies on the college steps.
coed definition by Webster's New World
☆ or co-ed
a young woman attending a coeducational college or university
- of or having to do with a coed
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
coed definition by American Heritage Dictionary
or co-ed Informalnoun
A woman who attends a coeducational college or university.adjective
- Of or relating to an education system in which both men and women attend the same institution or classes; coeducational: a coed university.
- Open to both sexes: a coed dorm; a coed pool.
Origin: Short for coeducational.