circulatory definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to circulation.
- Of or relating to the circulatory system.
circulatory - Medical Definition
- Relating to circulation.
- Relating to the circulatory system.
Variant of circulate
intransitive verb circulated, circulating
- to move in a circle, circuit, or course and return to the same point, as blood through the body
- to go from person to person or from place to place; specif.,
- to move about freely, as air
- to move about as in society or at a party
- to be made widely known, felt, established, distributed, etc.
- to be distributed to a circle or mass of readers or collectors
Origin: ; from Classical Latin circulatus, past participle of circulari, to form a circle
to cause to move around freely or go from one person or place to another; place in circulation