chopper definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who chops
- a tool or machine for chopping, as an ax or cleaver
- Slang a set of teeth, esp. false teeth
- ☆ Informal a helicopter
- Informal a motorcycle
- Electronics a device for interrupting a current, light beam, etc. at regular intervals to make amplification easier, create a pulsating effect, etc.
chopper definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One that chops: a vegetable chopper.
- Archaeology A crudely flaked core tool, especially one of the early Paleolithic Period.
- A device that interrupts an electric current or a beam of radiation.
- Informal A helicopter.
- choppers Slang Teeth, especially a set of false teeth.
- Informal A motorcycle, especially one that is customized.
Informal To travel by helicopter or transport (someone or something) by helicopter.
chopper - Science Definition
A crudely flaked, unifacial core tool , especially one associated with the Oldowan stone culture of the early Paleolithic Period.