(comparative more cartoonish, superlative most cartoonish)
- Exaggerated or caricatured, in the manner of a cartoon
- She was grinning a big, cartoonish grin.
cartoon + -ish
Variant of cartoon
- a drawing, as in a newspaper, caricaturing or symbolizing, often satirically, some event, situation, or person of topical interest
- a full-size preliminary sketch of a design or picture to be copied in a fresco, tapestry, etc.
- a humorous drawing, often with a caption
- ☆ comic strip
- ☆ animated cartoon
Origin of cartoonFrench carton ; from Italian cartone, both in cartoonsense : see carton
to draw a cartoon of
to draw cartoons