A red tea caddy and a cup of tea.
The sectioned bucket holding cleaning supplies is an example of a caddy.
- a small container used for tea
- any of various devices for holding or storing certain articles, as phonograph records
Origin of caddyfrom earlier catty from Malay k?t?, weight equivalent to a little more than a pound
- A small container, such as a box, used especially for holding tea.
- A container for storing a group of items not in use.
- Computers A protective case used to load a CD-ROM into a disk drive.
Origin of caddyAlteration of catty 1
caddy - Computer Definition
A plastic container that holds a CD or DVD disc for added protection. The bare disc is placed in the caddy, and the caddy is inserted into the drive. A caddy is not a jewel case. A jewel case protects the disc for transportation. A caddy protects the disc while reading and writing. See HDD cradle.