- The definition of caddy is a small container used to carry smaller things, often tea.
The sectioned bucket holding cleaning supplies is an example of a caddy.
A red tea caddy and a cup of tea.
caddy definition by Webster's New World
- a small container used for tea
- any of various devices for holding or storing certain articles, as phonograph records
Origin: ; from earlier catty ; from Malay kātī, weight equivalent to a little more than a pound
caddy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. cad·dies
- A small container, such as a box, used especially for holding tea.
- A container for storing a group of items not in use.
- Computer Science A protective case used to load a CD-ROM into a disk drive.
Origin: Alteration of catty1.
noun & v.
caddy - Computer Definition
A plastic container that holds a CD or DVD disc for added protection. The bare disc is placed in the caddy, and the caddy is inserted into the drive. A caddy is not a jewel case. A jewel case protects the disc for transportation. A caddy protects the disc while reading and writing. See HDD cradle.