- a short, pointed cutting tool with a round handle, used by engravers
- Archaeol. a Stone Age chisel
Origin of burinFrench from Old French from OIt burino, borino from Langobardic boro, borer; akin to Old English bor: see bore
- a. A steel cutting tool with a sharp beveled point, used in engraving or carving stone.b. A stone tool with a chisellike head. Also called graver .
- The style or technique of an engraver's work.
Origin of burinFrench probably from obsolete Italian burino of Germanic origin
- A town in Newfoundland and Labrador