The capital and largest city of Slovakia, in the southwest part on the Danube River near the Austrian and Hungarian borders. It was the capital of Hungary from 1541 to 1784.x
- The capital of Slovakia.
- The region of Slovakia that includes the city of Bratislava.
OriginSee also: Bratslav
From the name of Prince Bräslav.
- Although there are many differences from one cruise company to another, many of these European river cruises start in Hungary and travel through Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna.
- Bratislava (Pressburg), the capital of Slovakia, with its great Danubian harbour, is the gateway of central European trade to the East and the Balkans.
- In the entire republic there are four universities, three Czech and Slovak - the Charles University of Prague, the Masaryk University of Brno and the Comenius University of Bratislava - and one German (at Prague).
- On the Danube the amount was 2 millions, but this total bids fair, under normal conditions, to be easily passed, inasmuch as the work of developing the port of Bratislava, the construction of docks, warehouses and shipbuilding yards, was already proceeding energetically.