- former province of Prussia: the region was divided between Poland & East Germany in 1947
- state of NE Germany: 11,383 sq mi (29,482 sq km); cap. Potsdam
- city in E Germany, west of Berlin, in Brandenburg
- A historical region and former margraviate of north-central Germany around which the kingdom of Prussia developed. The region is now divided between Poland and Germany.
- A city of northeast Germany on the Havel River west-southwest of Berlin. It is an industrial center.x
- One of the component states of Germany according to the current administrative division of the nation (Land Brandenburg).
- One of the historical provinces of the Kingdom of Prussia and the Free State of Prussia from 1815 to 1946, and from 1871 within the German Reich (Mark Brandenburg, Provinz Brandenburg).
- A town in Germany (Brandenburg an der Havel).