- the state or time of being a boy
- boys collectively
Two boyhood friends.
The definition of boyhood means the time of youth for males.
An example of boyhood is the time when a boy is up to twenty one years old.
- From boyhood his life was one of adventure.
- Here the unrecorded years of Christ's boyhood were spent.
- In his boyhood Bertrand was a dull learner, spending his time in open-air sports and exercises, and could never read or write.
- 1204-1252), produced several Latin vocabularies which were still in use in the boyhood of Erasmus.
- In religious faith he was from boyhood a Universalist, and for many years was a conspicuous member of the leading Universalist church in New York.