- a horse that bolts, or runs away
- ☆ a person who withdraws from a political party, group, etc.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
a device for bolting, or sifting, flour, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A horse given to bolting.
- One who gives up membership in or withdraws support from a political party.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A machine used for sifting, especially for sifting flour.
- One who operates a sifting machine.