- a Spanish dance done to castanets and lively music in 3/4 time
- the music for this dance
- a sleeveless or sleeved jacket that ends at the waist and is open at the front
Origin of boleroSpanish ; from bola, a ball ; from Old French boule ; from Classical Latin bulla, bubble: see boil
- A very short jacket worn open in the front.
- a. A lively Spanish dance in triple meter.b. The music for this dance.
- a. A slow Latin American dance in triple meter.b. The music for this dance.
Origin of boleroSpanish, from bola, ball; see bola.