The defintion of bodega is a convenience store.
An example of a bodega is a local corner store that sells beer, wine, milk and other basic necessities.
in Hispanic communities
- a small grocery store
- a wine shop
- a bar; tavern
Origin of bodegaSp, a grocery shop, wine cellar from Classical Latin apotheca: see apothecary
- A small grocery store that specializes in products from the Caribbean and Latin America.
- A warehouse for the storage of wine.
Origin of bodegaSpanish from Latin apothēca storehouse ; see apothecary .
- storehouse for maturing wine, winery
- store specializing in Hispanic groceries
- (slang, New York City) a convenience store