- The definition of a block diagram is a chart that uses shapes or three-dimensional representations to show geologic features, or a flowchart using geometric figures to show the data flow in a computer system.
- An example of a block diagram is a chart showing the earth's surface in a remote area in Arizona.
- An example of a block diagram is a flowchart showing the flow of data during a credit card approval.
A man creates a block diagram.
block diagram definition by Webster's New World
- Geol. a three-dimensional perspective representation of geologic or topographic features showing a surface area and usually two vertical cross sections
- a kind of flowchart using geometric figures and connecting lines, as to describe the flow of data in a computer system
block diagram - Computer Definition
A chart that contains squares and rectangles connected with arrows to depict hardware and software interconnections. For program flow charts, information system flow charts, circuit diagrams and communications networks, more elaborate graphical representations are usually used.