- a person who draws blood from another
- a person who bleeds profusely; hemophiliac
- Electronics a resistor used to regulate the voltage in a power supply, discharge a high-voltage capacitor, etc.
- A person, such as a hemophiliac, who bleeds freely or is subject to frequent hemorrhages.
- a. Slang A blood vessel from which there is uncontrolled bleeding.b. A blood vessel severed by trauma or surgery that requires cautery or ligature to arrest the flow of blood.
- A person who draws blood from another; a phlebotomist.
bleed + -er