- The definition of bionic is having artificial body parts, or being very strong.
An example of something bionic is an artificial arm.
- of or having to do with bionics
- designating an artificial replacement for a bodily part
- furnished with such a replacement part or parts, specif. in science fiction, so that strength, abilities, etc. are greatly enhanced
- exceptionally strong, skillful, energetic, etc.
Origin of bionicsee bionics
- Of or relating to bionics.
- Having anatomical structures or physiological processes that are replaced or enhanced by electronic or mechanical components.
- Having extraordinary strength, powers, or capabilities; superhuman.
Origin of bionicbi(o)– + (electr)onic.
(comparative more bionic, superlative most bionic)
bionic - Computer Definition
A machine that is patterned after principles found in humans or nature; for example, robots. It also refers to artificial devices implanted into humans replacing or extending normal human functions. See biomimicry.