- The definition of biomass is a renewable energy source from living or recently living plant and animal materials which can be used as fuel.
- An example of biomass is plant material that produces electricity with steam.
- An example of biomass is animal fossil fuel.
the total mass or number of living organisms in a particular area or volume
Origin of biomassbio- + mass
- The total mass of living matter within a given unit of environmental area.
- Plant material, vegetation, or agricultural waste used as a fuel or energy source.
(usually uncountable, plural biomasses)
bio- + mass