Binoculars for viewing distant objects.
- The definition of binocular is something that uses both eyes at the same time.
An example of something binocular is the vision you use to look through 3D glasses; binocular vision.
- A binocular is defined as a device used to view things far away, often referred to as binoculars.
An example of a binocular is a set of opera glasses.
Origin of binocularfrom Classical Latin bini, double (see binary) + ocularis, of the eyes from oculus, eye
- Relating to, used by, or involving both eyes at the same time: binocular vision.
- Having two eyes arranged to produce stereoscopic vision.
pair of binoculars
- Using two eyes or viewpoints; especially, using two eyes or viewpoints to ascertain distance.
- a binocular microscope or telescope