binaural[bī nôr′əl, bin ô′rəl]
- having two ears
- of or involving the use of both ears
- designating or of sound reproduction or transmission in which at least two sources of sound are used to give a stereophonic effect
Origin of binauralbin- + aural
- a. Having or relating to two ears.b. Having to do with the perception of sound with both ears: binaural hearing.
- Of or relating to sound transmission from two sources, which may vary acoustically, as in tone or pitch, to give a stereophonic effect.
- of, relating to, affecting, or designed for use with two ears