- The definition of Bengali is anything or anyone that comes from Bengal.>
An example of something Bengali would be a rug that was exported from Bengal.
- A Bengali is someone who inhabits the region of Bengal, and is a language that is spoken in East India and Bangladesh.
- An example of a Bengali is Sushmita Sen, the first Miss Universe to come from India.
- An example of Bengali is the language spoken by Muhamma Shahidullah, a writer from Bengal.
- a person born or living in Bengal
- the Indo-Aryan language spoken in Bengal
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A native or inhabitant of Bengal.
- The modern Indic language of Bangladesh and West Bengal, a state of eastern India.