- The definition of Bengali is anything or anyone that comes from Bengal.>
An example of something Bengali would be a rug that was exported from Bengal.
- A Bengali is someone who inhabits the region of Bengal, and is a language that is spoken in East India and Bangladesh.
- An example of a Bengali is Sushmita Sen, the first Miss Universe to come from India.
- An example of Bengali is the language spoken by Muhamma Shahidullah, a writer from Bengal.
Bengali definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person born or living in Bengal
- the Indo-Aryan language spoken in Bengal
of Bengal or its people, language, or culture
Bengali definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Of or relating to Bengal or its people, language, or culture.noun pl. Bengali or Ben·ga·lis
- A native or inhabitant of Bengal.
- The modern Indic language of Bangladesh and West Bengal, a state of eastern India.