a woman's tightfitting bodice or tunic
Origin of basqueFrench from Provençal basto from uncertain or unknown; perhaps ; altered by associated, association with French basquine, kind of petticoat from Spanish basquiña from basco, vasco, Basque
- a member of a people living in the W Pyrenees of Spain and France
- the language of this people: it is not known to be related to any other language
Origin of BasqueFrench from Spanish Vasco; ultimately from Classical Latin Vascones, the Basques
of the Basques or their language or culture
A woman's close-fitting bodice.
Origin of basqueFrench skirt of a garment alteration ( perhaps influenced by Basque Basque ) of Old French baste from Italian basta tuck possibly of Germanic origin
- A member of a people of unknown origin inhabiting the western Pyrenees and the Bay of Biscay in France and Spain.
- The language of the Basques, of no known linguistic affiliation.
Origin of BasqueFrench probably from Latin Vascō perhaps from Varscunes, Vascunes ethnonym of the Pyrenees region in antiquity
From French basque.
- The language of the Basque people.
- Relative to the Basque people or their language.