- simple past tense and past participle of barge
Variant of barge
- a large boat, usually flat-bottomed, for carrying heavy freight on rivers, canals, etc.
- a large pleasure boat, esp. one used for state ceremonies, pageants, etc.
- a boat reserved for the use of a flag officer
- Slang any clumsy boat
Origin of bargeMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Medieval Latin barga ; from Late Latin barca ; from an unverified form barica ; from Classical Greek baris, Egyptian boat ; from Coptic barī, small boat
- to move slowly and clumsily
- to come or go (in or into) in a rude, abrupt, or clumsy way
- to collide heavily or clumsily; run (into)