- The definition of a bandwagon is a popular cause that people join, or a wheeled mode of transportation that carries a musical act from place to place.
- An example of a bandwagon is when a sports team is winning and local fans begin to support the team.
- An example of a bandwagon is the colorful carriage that leads a circus parade.
a decorated wagon for a band of musicians to ride in, as in a parade
on the bandwagon
Informal on the popular or apparently winning side, as in an election
- An elaborately decorated wagon used to transport musicians in a parade.
- Informal A cause or party that attracts increasing numbers of adherents: young voters climbing aboard the party's bandwagon.
- Informal A current trend: “Even brand-name [drug] companies &ellipsis; have jumped on the generics bandwagon” (Beth Howard).