- pl. -·ras′ or -·ra′ a member of a South American Indian people living mainly in Bolivia and Peru and believed to have been the builders of a great ancient culture that was later supplanted by that of the Incas
- the language of this people
Origin of AymaraAmSp, probably from Quechua
nounpl. Aymara, or Ay·ma·ras
- A member of a South American Indian people inhabiting parts of highland Bolivia and Peru.
- The Aymaran language of the Aymara.
- An indigenous people of South America.
- Language spoken in South America