The definition of astro as a prefix means relating to things that are beyond Earth’s atmosphere.
A science that studies the physical properties of celestial bodies is an example of astrophysics.
- star or stars: astrophysics
- Zool. of an aster in mitosis: astrosphere
Origin of astro-from Classical Greek astron, star
- a. Star: astrophysics.b. Celestial body: astrometry.c. Outer space: astronaut.
- The aster of a cell: astrosphere.
Origin of astro-Greek from astron star ; see ster-3 in Indo-European roots.
- (baseball) A player on the team the "Houston Astros".
- Jones became an Astro as the result of a pre-season trade.