- a large can for ashes and trash
- U.S. Navy, Slang depth chargealso ash can
or ash can
- A large, usually metal receptacle for trash.
- Slang A depth charge.
- Slang A powerful cylindrical firecracker.
(comparative more ashcan, superlative most ashcan)
- Of or pertaining to the Ashcan School of American art.
- Describing a comic book originally published solely to retain ownership of a trademark, not intended for general release; later used for promotional comic books intended for limited release to the public.