Apollonian[ap′ə lō′nē ən]
Apollonian definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of, like, or having to do with Apollo
- well-ordered, rational, and serene
Apollonian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Greek Mythology Of or relating to Apollo or his cult.
- often apolloniana. Characterized by clarity, harmony, and restraint.b. In the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, of or embodying the power of critical reason as opposed to the creative-intuitive.
- often apollonian Serenely high-minded; noble.