Apollonian[ap′ə lō′nē ən]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- of, like, or having to do with Apollo
- well-ordered, rational, and serene
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Greek Mythology Of or relating to Apollo or his cult.
- often apolloniana. Characterized by clarity, harmony, and restraint.b. In the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, of or embodying the power of critical reason as opposed to the creative-intuitive.
- often apollonian Serenely high-minded; noble.