- of, at, or constituting the apex
- Phonet. articulated with the apex, or tip, of the tongue, as the (l), (t), and (d) of lighted
Origin of apicalModern Latin apicalis ; from Classical Latin apex (gen. apicis), apex + -alis, -al
a sound so articulated
- Of, relating to, located at, or constituting an apex.
- Linguistics Of, relating to, or articulated with the tip of the tongue, as (t), (d), and (s).
Origin of apicalFrom Latin apex, apic-, top.
- (phonetics) A sound produced by obstructing the air passage with the tip of the tongue.