- APC is a mixture of aspirin, phenacetin, and caffeine which has been used in medicines intended to cure symptoms of colds and headaches but has been banned by the FDA due to phenacetin's potential for kidney damage and its carcinogenic properties.
An example of a medicine that previously contained APC is Anacin.
- The definition of apc is an abbreviation for an armored personnel carrier which is a vehicle the military uses to move troops.
An example of a place in which an APC might be used is Afghanistan.
APC definition by Webster's New World
Origin: a(cetylsalicylic acid), p(henacetin), and c(affeine)
APC definition by American Heritage Dictionary
apc - Computer Definition
(1) (American Power Conversion Corporation, West Kingston, RI, www.apcc.com) The leading manufacturer of UPS systems and surge suppressors, founded in 1981 by Rodger Dowdell, Neil Rasmussen and Emanual Landsman, three electronic power engineers who had worked at MIT. Although created to develop solar electricity, the company introduced its first UPS system three years later as government funding for solar energy dissipated.
(2) (Application Performance Characterization) A graphics benchmark that tests actual application performance. See GPC.
apc - Medical Definition
- acetylsalicylic acid, phenacetin, and caffeine (combined as an antipyretic and analgesic)
- antigen-presenting cell