- Antioxidant is defined as any substance that prevents or repairs the process of oxidation.
An example of something that is described as antioxidant are pomegranates.
- An antioxidant keeps a substance from degrading or decaying by inhibiting the chemical reaction called oxidation, the reaction of substances to exposure to oxygen molecules.
An example of an antioxidant is wax used on a car to prevent rust.
- The definition of an antioxidant is something that prevents or repairs damage that has been done to the body by oxidation.
An example of an antioxidant is Vitamin A.
a substance that slows down the oxidation of hydrocarbons, oils, fats, etc. and thus helps to check deterioration: antioxidants are added to many products, esp. foods and soaps
serving to check oxidation
A substance that inhibits oxidation, especially one, such as vitamin E, vitamin C, or beta carotene, that protects cells from the sometimes damaging effects of oxidation.
- Acting or having agents that act against oxidation.
- It is believed that due to the antioxidant and polyphenol properties in the wine, French individuals are able to enjoy better health despite the fatty cheeses and desserts associated with their lifestyle.
- Studies on vitamin E have shown conflicting results when it comes to prostate cancer, however vitamin E is an antioxidant shown to help control damage on a cellular level that could lead to cancer.
- Watermelon: If you watch for sales during the summer months, watermelon is an affordable way to provide a good dose of vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene, an antioxidant that may ward off cancer.
- Plenty of antioxidant rich veggies and fruits - the theory behind this is that some of the body damage sustained by people with diabetes; such as eye, skin, and nerve damage may be the cause of oxidation present with glucose elevation.
- EM: Not only is Everest Nutrition Krill Oil a richer source Omega 3 fatty acids that are easily absorbed by the body, but independent labs have proven our krill oil is 54x more powerful as an antioxidant than fish oil.