- simple past tense and past participle of amble
- When in reference to a horse, the word ambled is defined as when the horse walked in such a way that he first raised both legs on one side and then both on the other side.
An example of a time a horse may have ambled is when a child rider is on his back.
- The definition of ambled refers to having walked in a slow or leisurely way.
An example of someone who may have ambled is a person on a stroll in a park.
- He turned and ambled to the driver's side of his car.
- Cynthia ambled out as Dean was clearing away the dishes.
- Instead I ambled past the house where I am to trade a damp and soiled mattress for domestic duties when arrangements are finally made by Joshua.
- He ambled out of the room, but Dean didn't hear the front door close and assumed he was an earshot away in the hall.
- Dean was still shuffling papers when Fred ambled in the door.